Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Green AND crafty tip: 2009 collage

While talking to one of my good friends, she mentioned the idea of a year collage, and I fell in love with the idea. Therefore, I decided to ransack some of my materials to create a collage of what the year 2009 has been like for me.





Sorry for the crummy webcam pictures, but I couldn't find any batteries for my camera. Also, yes, it is crinkly, but it was done with a purpose :).


Each of the groupings correlate to something significant in my life. Because I knew that I'd forget about why I put certain things on the collage, I decided to journal about each of their symbolism on the back.


This was an easy craft project, but it was something that needed a lot of reflection and thought. It was a great way for me to wrap up the year and to look forward to the upcoming one. I think that I might make this a tradition.


What did I use???

-Old magazines

-An old textbook that I found at a friend's apartment complex that was minorly water damaged

-A piece of hard cardstock that was part of an educational tool kit that professors at my university were getting rid of.

-Sharpie

-Elmer's White glue

2 comments:

  1. oh man!!! i am definitey going to collage tonight. once i get all of my homework done. haha. ok... not all of it. haha. but the year collage is a good idea. i am making a "how i feel at the moment" collage. i've been working on it since thanksgiving but left it at school. now i must get back to it! i'm glad we have blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I am totally nerdily excited about the blog thing, too! Yay being nerds.

    ReplyDelete